As many of you know, I just launched my Building Brix blog about 3 weeks ago…
And with a little exposure here and there and a few dedicated readers, I have been fortunate enough to receive a nomination for the Liebster Award!
I’d like to thank my fellow blogger who stumbled upon my blog and has followed my transition ever since…The Britchy One at Bitchin’ In The Kitchen, thank you so much for the kind nomination and for following my blog!
A little bit about the award…
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers that is given by other bloggers. It exists only on the internet and gives recognition and exposure to new and promising blogs. Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The winner is chosen and awarded at the end of each year.
With the nomination comes some rules for officially entry.
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award logo.
2. Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the bloggers know of their nomination!
My questions to answer are as follows:
1. What is your favorite meal? Sweet and sour chicken and fried rice with egg roll. Chinese.
2. Do you prefer a lake or the Ocean?Lake
3. If you went to NYC where would be the first place you’d want to go? World Trade Center memorial/museum
4. If you could meet anyone from history who would it be? Rosie the Riveter. I know she is an icon. But I would love to have a chat with any “Rosie” from the World War II era.
5. Where is your favorite place? This sounds cliche but it’s the truth….my favorite place is my wife’s arms.
6. I’m coming to dinner. What will you serve? Chicken alfredo!
7. What was/is your favorite subject in school? Math in grade school. Sociology in college. Specifically gender studies.
8. Tell me a quote you love. F. Scott Fitzgerald in The Great Gatsby…” He smiled understandingly-much more than understandingly. It was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in life. It faced–or seemed to face–the whole eternal world for an instant, and then concentrated on you with an irresistible prejudice in your favor. It understood you just as far as you wanted to be understood, believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself, and assured you that it had precisely the impression of you that, at your best, you hoped to convey.” (The feeling I get when my wife and I catch each other’s eyes.)
9. Do you have any pets? Yes! 3 cats. 1 dog.
10. Recommend me a book or 37!!! Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
11. If you could live forever, would you? Definitely.
And nowwwww, I hereby nominate these 11 blogs for this award. All our part of the LGBTQ community in some way. I hope this opportunity helps all of you get the exposure you deserve.
Jupiter Roman at The In Between
Kei X. Griot at SUAVE Trans
Nath Jones at Self-Made Originality
Logan at Queer Reflections
Cole at Chasing Cole
Joelle Ruby Ryan at Concepts Queered
Blake Light at the Dragon’s Diary
AJ Caradec at AJ’s Writings
James Henley at How To Be James
Elliott DeLine at Cat Road Trip
The questions I would like you guys to answer are:
1. What inspires you the most when writing/blogging?
2. Quote your favorite book.
3. If you could travel anywhere, free of charge, where would it be?
4. In your opinion, how does travelling differ from vacationing?
5. 80s rock or 60s motown?
6. Would you rather have a body full of tattoos or piercings?
7. What are your long term goals for your blog?
8. What inspired you to start your blog?
9. Pet of choice…canine or feline or other?
10. With previous answer in mind, if your pet had a pic on a dating site, what would it be?
11. If you could live forever, would you?
I hope all of you have as much fun with this as I have. And I hope this helps your story reach out to more people. You deserve to be listened to! Speak up. Write on.